Thursday, February 14, 2013

Finding Joy in Love

Don't you think it's fun to be in love and have love?  It puts a certain spring in your step!  I hope that we all have memories of receiving a valentine from, or getting noticed by that special someone.  Do you remember how much fun it is to see that certain someone, just to see them? Especially, when they weren't yet your valentine. There is definitely something to say for the dream.  

When I was in college, I made it a point to find a "C.P.," and encouraged my friends to find one too.  It was just fun to look for them.  By the way, C.P., stands for campus passion.  Basically, it was someone who caught your eye and you got a kick of looking at.  We didn't even know them well enough to like them.  I think we also had fun if we could get them to look back.  That was one fun thing about going to the dining hall.  We spent way too much time there, but it was more fun than studying.

Many of my friends found the loves of their lives in college, some in high school, some well after, and some after their first or second divorce.  I just hope that you're lucky enough to fall in love and stay in love.  I know this is a challenge from talking to so many of my friends.  I have to admit that I am not at the "crest" of being in love at all times every day throughout the day.  

So, here is what I find helpful...look at the "One You Love" with gratitude.  Where would you be without this special person?  Who would you be without them?  Who have you been able to become with them?  It is true that as time passes, you cannot be at a constant height of passion.  By definition, you fall into a pattern of average.  But what you can do is appreciate your life with them, the comfort, the security, the habits, and patterns, the pleasures, the you that you have become with them by your side, day in and day out.  I find great joy in living in that space of being grateful that "My Love" is in my life everyday in so many ways.  I am grateful for his love, for the love of my parents and children, and friends, and their presence.  I am also so very grateful that I have them in my life to love.  It is times like these that I feel so very lucky that we are in each others' lives and for that, I am so very grateful!  This is where I find joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment