Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Acts of kindness

My Experience


I was lucky enough to experience a fabulous act of kindness last night. Leaving a downtown parking garage, the man behind me and I noticed a couple having a difficult time getting the "Pay for Parking machine" to work. It took them 3 credit cards to get the machine to accept payment. I remarked, aw oh, I only have two cards on me. Would you believe it? Neither one worked, and this very kind man behind me used his. This was a $9 parking fee. I said, I have no cash to give you, and asked for a business card so that I could mail him a check. The man wouldn't have it. I was taken by his generosity!


 
 

This, after having just won a drawing for a free pass to an event similar to the one I had just attended. Feeling so very lucky, on my way home, I dug through the change part of my wallet to collect a $1 to buy a lottery ticket. Should my luck continue, I will most certainly share my winnings to pass it on. But the best part was the joy I got from this man's kindness. I don't know his name to thank him further, but his kindness was so appreciated!

1 comment: